- Hold design and information gatherings with the customer to understand the existing network design and technical requirements.
- Understand the customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the network implementation, support processes and procedures.
- Carry out testing of new features and functionality required by the customer in a laboratory environment, implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network.
- Test patches and fixes to software to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the live network.
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems.
- Produce written summary reports of the equipment and network problems status on a regular basis to the customer.
- Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems, provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried.
- Provide training for customers’ design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate Networks products.
- Assist customer in developing Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
Require Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent understanding of network architectures and configuration.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of large enterprise networks, includeing hands-on operation of management tools and network analysers.
- Experience in TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Experience in Routing protocol operation.
- Experience in Layer 2 protocols and technologies.